This area has been designed specifically for sterilization professionals in the medical device community. It serves as a resource on educational offerings, standards and publications, and contacts for other groups involved in medical device sterilization activities. The site also provides information on FDA and regulations affecting medical device manufacturers.
- Endoscope Reprocessing: Critical Training Steps to Promote Patient Safety Video
- Investigation of Sterilization Process Failures Video
- Personnel Safety in Sterile Processing Departments Video
- Basic Concepts in Sterilization Processes: Verification, Validation. amd Qualification
- Benchmarking Solutions—Sterile Processing
- Industrial Sterilization: Research from the Field
- Sterile Processing In Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Accreditation Survey, 2nd edition
- Building for the Future: Construction and Renovation of Sterile Processing Facilities
- Summit Report: Priority Issues from the AAMI/FDA Medical Reprocessing Summit
- Horizons: Sterilization and Reprocessing
- Healthcare Sterilization Horizons
Kilmer Conference Proceedings
- ST79, Comprehensive guide to steam sterilization and sterility assurance in health care facilities
- ST91: Comprehensive guide to flexible and semi-rigid endoscope processing in health care facilities
- Part 1: Sterilization in Health Care Facilities, 2015 ed.
- Part 2: Sterilization Equipment Design and Use, 2015 ed.
- Part 3: Industrial Process Control, 2015 ed.
Get involved in AAMI’s Sterilization Committees
Committees of volunteers are the heart of the AAMI Standards Program. Committee members make recommendations on the need for new standards and other technical publications, determine when a document needs to be revised, draft new documents, and develop committee and public consensus on drafts.
Resources: Code of Federal Regulations Reference Documents
- 21 CFR 880.2800, Sterilization process indicator
- 21 CFR 880.6860, Ethylene oxide gas sterilizer
- 21 CFR 880.6870, Dry-heat sterilizer
- 21 CFR 880.6880, Steam sterilizer
- 21 CFR 880.6885, Liquid chemical sterilants/high level disinfectants
- 21 CFR 880.6890, General purpose disinfectants