At AAMI, we just don’t give you the news. We provide context and expert analysis about the latest trends and topics in healthcare technology. And we listen to you through our many forums and social media. Stay informed and stay engaged!
Here are a few ways:
- You can read the latest News and Press Releases or subscribe to the AAMI news feed by clicking on the orange icon above.
- Visit the AAMIBlog—see the most recent contributions in the right column. Your post or response to a post is always welcome.
- Check out the Hot Topics area where you'll find up-to-date information on topics from alarm systems to wireless technology.
- AAMI's discussion groups are a good way to talk about an issue—whether you are asking a question or giving an answer.
- The AAMI Podcast explores today's most pressing healthcare technology challenges and the multidisciplinary approaches that are being used to clarify and resolve them.
- Submit an article, paper, or commentary to BI&T, our peer-reviewed journal, by sending an email to editor Joe Sheffer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Letters to the editor are also welcome.
- Follow AAMI on social media. Click on the icons under "connect" on your left to stay on top of the latest news and updates.
From the AAMIBlog
February 22, 2018 – Alan Lipschultz: Representing HTM in Chinaâ€™s â€˜City of Flowersâ€™
Last October, I had the pleasure of attending the biannual national meeting of the Chinese Society for Clinical Engineering (CSCE) as an invited speaker. The meeting was held in Kunming, Chinaâ€”the city of flowers and capital of Yunan Province, which is located in southern China just north of Laos. I was honored to represent both […]
February 16, 2018 – Jennifer DeFrancesco: Is HTM Becoming a Starter Career? How We Can Retain Talent
A few years back, I performed a cohort analysis to study retention of entry-level biomedical engineers over a ten-year period. At first glance, this data appeared promising and aligns with many of the reasons why biomedical engineering, medical device repair, and healthcare technology management are some of the best and fastest growing careers out there. […]
February 13, 2018 – Barrett Franklin: What's Your Cornerstone to Success?
Recently, I was asked what I considered the "cornerstone of my success" within my organization. After hemming and hawing for a moment, I said that I believed that communication was, is, and will continue to be the cornerstone of my success. As I step back and think about it a bit more, I'm convinced that […]