Winner of Best Practices Award Announced
Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC, is the winner of this year’s Best Practices Award from AAMI’s Technology Management Council (TMC).
The TMC announced the winner as part of Healthcare Technology Management Week. The facility will be honored at the AAMI 2012 Annual Conference & Expo in Charlotte, NC, June 2-4, for this achievement.
The Biomedical Engineering Department at Children’s National undertook a project to improve turnaround time and communication on equipment repairs. A simple spreadsheet tool that staffers created to track equipment awaiting repair has had far-reaching impact, significantly reducing the down time on equipment repairs and greatly improving customer satisfaction.
A complete article about the facility’s simple spreadsheet is available here (PDF)
Here are PDFs of the five other strong nominees, each of whom was considered for the award:
- Sharepoint Site Eases Information Flow for Clinical Engineering Team: SSM Health Care
- Biomed Tech Training Document Guides Staff Development, Promotions: University of Rochester Medical Center
- Right-Sizing and Replacing the Right Equipment at the Right Time: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Automated System Tracks Clinician Support Calls: Cleveland Clinic
- Strategic Planning Process Sets Stage for Success: University of Vermont Technical Services Partnership
For more information on Healthcare Technology Management Week, click here.
Posted: May 23, 2012