Skip to content
- Watch this video featuring Steve Baker, from Welch Allyn and member of AAMI's Wireless Strategy Task Force. He answers four questions on wireless issues in the healthcare environment.
- FAQs for the Wireless Challenge in Healthcare. AAMI's Wireless Strategy Task Force (WSTF) developed this document to provide answers to frequently asked questions regarding wireless issues in the healthcare environment. August 2014.
- Managing Wireless Landmines: An mHealth Summit Session. Members of AAMI’s Wireless Strategy Task Force (WSTF) presented a panel discussion titled “Managing Wireless Landmines” at the Dec. 2013 mHealth Summit. The session offered practical ways of managing the various challenges involved with implementing wireless technologies in the healthcare environment. December 2013.
- Going Wireless: A special compilation of AAMI wireless articles and resources. AAMI has created this special compilation of wireless resources to provide insight and practical guidance to the healthcare technology community. These articles—originally published in AAMI’s journal, magazine, and summit publication—examine the major wireless challenges in healthcare. July 2013.
- Going Wireless: Five Perspectives on the Challenges in Healthcare Technology, BI&T, May/June 2013
- Webinar: Wireless Security and Robust Wireless Networks–presented by Steven D. Baker, WelchAllyn, and Phil Raymond, Philips Healthcare, May 2013
- ‘Virtual’ Town Hall: Focus on Wireless Issues in the Healthcare Setting - presented by Rick Hampton and Stuart Higgins, December 2012
- Healthcare Technology in a Wireless World: Priority Issues from the 2012 Wireless Workshop Convened by AAMI, ACCE, ASHE, and ECRI Institute
- Top 10 Mistakes in Implementing Wireless Technology in Healthcare, 2012 Wireless Workshop
- The Study and Design of a Wireless ECG System, BI&T, September/October 2012
- Survey Sheds Light on Use of Wireless Technology, BI&T, November/December 2011
- A Roundtable Discussion: Integrating Medical Devices into IT Networks, Horizons, Fall 2011)
- Design and Deployment of Wireless Healthcare IT Networks, Horizons, Fall 2011
- The Promise and Peril of Wireless Technologies, Horizons, Fall 2011
- Utilizing a Test Lab for Wireless Medical Devices, Horizons, Fall 2011
- Wireless Medical Systems: Risks, Challenges, and Opportunities, Horizons, Fall 2011
- Management and Risk Assessment of Wireless Medical Devices in the Hospital, BI&T, May/June 2011
- Wireless Technology: Leading to a New Age of Medicine, BI&T, March/April, 2011
Wi-Fi® in Healthcare
- Wi-Fi® in Healthcare: Security Solutions for Hospital Wi-Fi Networks (2012). This white paper provides the hospital IT professional more specific recommendations for using WPA2™-Enterprise security and 802.1x authentication protocols to protect a Wi-Fi network from unauthorized access, such as compromised passwords, data exposure, "man-in-the-middle" threats. Also included are recommendations for establishing and managing a secure Wi-Fi network and considerations around the mobility needs of network devices in the hospital environment and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy management.
- Wi-Fi® in Healthcare: The solution for growing hospital communication needs (2011). This white paper is intended to identify technology areas that should be given special consideration in developing and maintaining Wi-Fi networks in hospital settings in order to maximize their performance and benefits.