Scholarship: How to Apply
Determine Your Eligibility
- Applicants must be entering or current full-time college students seeking a career in the healthcare technology profession at a college or university accredited by one of the six regional accrediting agencies or the equivalent. Typical programs would include degrees in biomedical equipment technology; electrical, mechanical, or clinical engineering; and physics or the health sciences.
- Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the healthcare technology profession. To document these attributes, applicants are required to submit a short essay (500-700 words) explaining how they view themselves fitting into the profession and describing their evidence of academic excellence and the other skills mentioned above.
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from professional contacts addressing work ethics, attitude, and potential contributions to the profession.
- Applicants must complete and include the application form.
Application Check List
- Most recent transcript from accredited college and participation in the relevant program, or a high school transcript and documentation of college admission into the relevant program. (see 1 above)
- Short essay, 500-700 words. (see 2 above)
- Two letters of recommendation from professional contacts. (see 3 above)
- Application form (see 4 above)
Admission to an educational program can be pending at the time of application for the scholarship.To be considered for the Michael J. Miller Scholarship, applicants must submit all materials noted above to the AAMI Foundation by January 15th, 2017.
Attn: Allison Rafti, Membership Marketing Director
4301 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 301
Arlington, VA 22203