Apply for an AAMI Scholarship
The AAMI Foundation through its Awards Committee awards five scholarships each year:
- Two to students studying to become biomedical equipment technicians
- Two to students studying healthcare specific engineering, including clinical engineering
- One to an individual studying to become a health systems engineer
Each of the scholarships are worth $3,000 and are awarded in a one-time, lump sum check to each scholarship winner at the AAMI Annual Conference & Expo.
Ready to apply? Follow the steps below!
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
Applicants must be entering or current full-time college students seeking a career in the healthcare technology profession at an accredited college or university.
- Eligibility requirements for the biomedical equipment technician scholarship
- Eligibility requirements for the clinical or other healthcare engineering scholarship
- Eligibility requirements for the health systems engineer scholarship
Applicants must still be considered current students in June 2017 to be eligible for all AAMI scholarships.
Step 2: Write an Essay
Applicants must demonstrate a combination of technical aptitude, academic excellence, and commitment to the healthcare technology profession. To document these attributes, applicants are required to submit a short essay (500-700 words) explaining how they view themselves fitting into the profession and describing their evidence of academic excellence and the other skills mentioned above.
Step 3: Obtain Supporting Documents
- Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from professional contacts addressing work ethics, attitude, and potential contributions to the profession.
- Applicants must also submit their most recent transcript from an accredited college, or a high school transcript and documentation of college admission into the relevant program.
Step 4: Complete the Scholarship Application
Application Check List
Admission to an educational program can be pending at the time of application for the scholarship. To be considered for the AAMI Scholarship, applicants must submit all materials noted above to the AAMI Foundation by Febuary 3, 2017. (extended from January 13)
Important Notes for Scholarship Applicants