AAMI Foundation Patient Safety Seminar: Smart Pump Interoperability: A Multi-System Safety Journey
February 23, 2018
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET
More and more hospitals are moving toward interoperability between their infusion pumps and their electronic health records…or are beginning to consider it. Please join us for this complimentary seminar to learn how two different hospital systems approached the process to ensure a smooth transition to interoperability
Attendees will learn:
- How infusion pmp integration enhances patient safety
- The EHR documentation improvements and challenges associated with moving to interoperability
- How workflows can simplify or complicate interoperability
- The interoperability implications specific to pediatric and NICU patients
- The importance of the drug library build for project and ongoing success
- Deb Bonnes RN, MS, Nursing Informatics Specialist, UC Health, Aurora, CO
- Jennifer Biltoft, PharmD, BCPS, System Clinical Pharmacy Manager, SCL Health
- Sondra May, PharmD, UC Health, Aurora, CO
Who Should Attend
This seminar is directed to nurses, physicians, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, clinical nurse specialists, educators, risk managers and clinical and biomedical engineers, and IT professionals.
Complimentary seminar, no registration fees required.
If you are unable to attend this seminar, the slide presentation and recording will be available on the AAMI Foundation’s National Coalition for Infusion Therapy Safety website.
About the National Coalition
The National Coalition for Infusion Therapy Safety was launched in March 2015, in Annapolis, MD. Since that time, four teams were formed to work on the issues identified by the 100+ stakeholders that attended. The four teams are focused on: (1) improving drug library compliance, (2) reducing non-clinically actionable pump alarms, (3) disseminating multiple-line education developed by HumanEra, (4) and, developing infusion-therapy-safety-related questions hospital C-suite executives should ask themselves to determine if they have safe systems in place. The teams are planning deliverables that include Patient Safety Seminars, Safety Innovation Series white papers, and regional events.
To learn more, visit the Infusion Therapy Safety site.
Thank you Industry Partners!
The AAMI Foundation expresses its gratitude to the industry partners listed below for providing financial support in order to make this Patient Safety Seminar series, as well as all of the deliverables from the National Coalition free of charge to all participants.
Diamond: BD, Hospira/Pfizer
Platinum: Baxter Healthcare, BBraun, Ivenix, Smiths Medical