Spirit of AAMI Award
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an AAMI member in volunteer efforts within the association.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A commitment to AAMI, and the advancement of its mission and strategic goals.
- A long and exemplary record of volunteer AAMI service.
- Leadership in identifying and working with AAMI to resolve a challenge facing the field.
Candidates should demonstrate:
- Leadership on AAMI committees.
- A proven track record in helping to bring together diverse stakeholders to forge consensus and improve patient safety.
The award includes a $2,000 check and a plaque to be presented at the 2019 AAMI Exchange in Cleveland, OH.
The deadline for 2019 nominations has now passed. For more information on future nomination periods, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit of AAMI Award Winners
- 2018 – David Giarracco
- 2017 – Vickie Snyder
- 2016 – Larry W. Hertzler, MBA, CCE
- 2015 – Elliot B. Sloane, PhD, CCE, FHIMSS
- 2014 – Alan Lipschultz, CCE, PE, CSP
- 2013 – Pat Baird, MS, MBA
2018 Award Recipient
David Giarracco has been selected to receive the Spirit of AAMI Award based on his passion for patient safety and his championing of three AAMI Foundation initiatives: the National Coalition for Alarm Management Safety, the National Coalition to Promote Continuous Monitoring of Patients on Opioids, and the National Coalition to Promote the Safe Use of Complex Healthcare Technology. In order to transform healthcare further, Giarracco made the case to financially support these coalitions, and he also volunteered his time and biomedical engineering expertise to produce deliverables that healthcare organizations could use.
For more information, contact MaryJane Thomas at +1-703-253-8296 or email@example.com.