AAMI Foundation & Institute for Technology in Health Care Clinical Solution Award
This award honors a healthcare technology professional (individual or group) that has applied innovative clinical engineering practices or principles to solve one or more significant clinical patient care problems or challenges facing a patient population, community, or group.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Innovative and creative application of clinical engineering practices that fundamentally solved a problem or challenge that resulted in the improvement of healthcare delivery for (or well-being of) a patient population, community, or group.
- That a solution was developed by an individual or group that works or is employed in a clinical setting (hospital, ambulatory clinic, learning institution, or other healthcare setting).
Candidates should demonstrate:
- The results of a study that provides a practical solution of a patient care problem or challenge through the application of clinical engineering ingenuity. This should be a “published” study but not required.
- That the solution can be applied by the broader medical or healthcare technology management (HTM) field in multiple clinical settings for the benefit of multiple patient populations, communities, or groups.
- That the solution involved multiple disciplines or healthcare professionals including, but not limited to, information technology specialists, nurses, physicians, medical technicians, researchers, etc.
- A solid and clear example of intention to promote the continued advancement of HTM applications and innovations to specific patient care problems or challenges.
Thanks to the generous support of the Institute for Technology in Health Care (ITHC), this award includes a check for $1,500 and a plaque.
The AAMI Foundation & ITHC Clinical Solution Award Winners
- 2016 – James Piepenbrink
- 2015 – Texas Children's Hospital Alarm Management Team
- 2014 – Robert D. Butterfield
- 2013 – Lancaster General Hospital and Hospira
- 2013 – Monitor Research Team, Children's National Medical Center
- 2011 – James P. Welch and George T. Blike, MD
- 2010 – Elliot B. Sloane, PhD, CCE, FHIMSS
- 2009 – Julian M. Goldman, MD
- 2006 – Thomas M. Judd, CCE
- 2005 – Antonio Hernandez
2016 Award Recipient
The next deadline for nominations is to January 13, 2017.