Each year the medical technology community recognizes leaders and innovators whose efforts have moved the industry forward. We need your help! Nominate yourself or leaders in the industry. Award winners will be awarded monetary prizes, a plaque commemorating their achievements, and will be celebrated by their peers at the AAMI 2015 Annual Conference and Expo in Denver, CO, June 5–8, 2015.
AAMI FOUNDATION AWARDS
- The AAMI Foundation's Laufman-Greatbatch Award – This is AAMI's most prestigious award. Named after two pioneers in the field—Harold Laufman, MD and Wilson Greatbatch, PhD—this highly regarded award honors an individual or group that has made a unique and significant contribution to the advancement of healthcare technology and systems, service, patient care, or patient safety.
- The AAMI Foundation & ACCE's Robert L. Morris Humanitarian Award – This award—honoring the late humanitarian Robert Morris—recognizes individuals or organizations whose humanitarian efforts have applied healthcare technology to improving global human conditions.
- The AAMI Foundation & Institute for Technology in Health Care's Clinical Solution Award – This award honors a healthcare technology professional (individual or group) that has applied innovative clinical engineering practices or principles to solve one or more significant clinical patient care problems or challenges facing a patient population, community, or group.
- AAMI & Becton Dickinson's Patient Safety Award – This award recognizes outstanding achievements by healthcare professionals who have made a significant advancement toward the improvement of patient safety.
- AAMI’s HTM Leader of the Year Award – This award recognizes individual excellence, achievement, and leadership in the healthcare technology management (HTM) profession.
- AAMI & GE Healthcare's BMET of the Year Award – This award is given to a biomedical equipment technician (BMET) to recognize individual dedication, achievement, and excellence in the field of healthcare technology management.
- AAMI's Young Professional Award – This award is presented annually to a professional, under the age of 40, who exhibits exemplary professional accomplishments and a commitment to the healthcare profession.
- The Spirit of AAMI Award – This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of an AAMI member in volunteer efforts within the association.
AAMI encourages corporations to consider sponsoring an award. For more information, contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standards Developer Award – Awarded for major contribution(s) to the development or revision of a specific standard.
- AAMI Technical Committee Award – Awarded to an AAMI technical committee to recognize outstanding committee efforts.
For more information, please contact Allison Rafti at +1-703-253-8296 or email@example.com.
Three awards are given each year for outstanding submissions to AAMI's journal, Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology, for Best Article, Best Column, and Best Research Paper. Learn more here.
Contact Jena Passut regarding BI&T Awards at +1 703-253-8293 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.