The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1967. It is a diverse community of nearly 7,000 professionals united by one important mission— the development, management, and use of safe and effective healthcare technology.
AAMI is the primary source of consensus standards, both national and international, for the medical device industry, as well as practical information, support, and guidance for healthcare technology and sterilization professionals. AAMI helps members:
- Contain costs
- Stay on top of new technology and policy developments
- Add value in healthcare organizations
- Improve professional skills
- Enhance patient care
AAMI provides a unique and critical forum for a variety of professionals including clinical and biomedical engineers and technicians, physicians, nurses, hospital administrators, educators, scientists, manufacturers, distributors, government regulators, and others with an interest in healthcare technology. AAMI fulfills its mission through:
- Courses, conferences, and continuing education, including certification programs.
- Collaborative initiatives, including summits with the FDA