AAMI - ECRI Institute
This first-ever report from our C-Suites presents AAMI's and ECRI's collective insights and perspectives on key technology safety issues to help you monitor, think, and act. The topics were carefully selected, with a focus on C-Suite executives from both healthcare delivery organizations and medical device companies.
Links from the AAMI-ECRI Joint Report
- AAMI's "Hot Topics" website on alarm systems (free)
- Priority issues from the AAMI/FDA Medical Device Alarms Summit (free)
- AAMI's Top Ten List of Challenges Facing Healthcare Technology Management (free)
- ECRI's Top Ten List of Health Technology Hazards (free)
- ECRI's Alarm Safety Resource Site (free)
- ECRI's Alarm Management Safety Reviews (consulting service)
- AAMI's "Hot Topics" website on small-bore connectors (free)
- AAMI's FAQs on small-bore connectors and tubing misconnections (free)
- ECRI guidance on preventing misconnections of lines and cables (free)
- ECRI's Top Ten Health Technology Hazards (free)
- AAMI's Healthcare Cybersecurity Risk Management: Keys to an Effective Plan (free)
- AAMI's Chronicles of Interoperability: Failures, Safety, and Security (free)
- ECRI's webinar on medical device cybersecurity (for purchase)
- AAMI's "All Charged Up: The Many Challenges of Battery Maintenance" (free)
- ECRI's price benchmarking and product selection services for medical products—including batteries (for purchase)
- The FDA’s Battery-Powered Medical Devices Workshop (free)
The Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is the world’s leading organization for advancing the development, safety, and effective use of medical technology. AAMI’s membership is comprised of a diverse group of nearly 7,000 key decision makers in the healthcare technology field—clinical engineers, biomedical equipment technicians, clinicians, manufacturers, sterile processing professionals, quality assurance/regulatory affairs experts, and other professionals. Visit www.aami.org.
ECRI Institute is an independent, nonprofit organization that researches the best approaches to improving the safety, quality, and cost-effectiveness of patient care. As pioneers in this science for more than 45 years, ECRI Institute marries experience and independence with the objectivity of evidence-based research. Visit www.ecri.org.