November 18 and 19, 2017—San Diego, CA
We're addressing the biggest patient safety challenges, and you're invited to join us!
- Learn how to save patients from “failure to rescue’ events.”
- Decrease the number of nonactionable clinical alarms.
- Address key challenges to improving infusion therapy safety.
- Register now to reserve your seat and to make your hotel reservations!
- Room-block rates are available until Oct. 27.
- The cost is $50 to attend one day or $70 to attend both days.
- Day One Topics:
Continuous Monitoring of Patients on Opioids
Improving the Management of Clinical Alarms
- Day Two Topic:
Infusion Therapy Safety
For more information about the faculty and the presentation topics, please see the agenda.
This forum is intended for professionals who engage in pain management, alarm management, and infusion therapy, including nurses, pharmacists, physicians, clinical nurse specialists, respiratory therapists, and hospital senior leaders, as well as biomedical and clinical engineers, academics, and regulators.
After attending this event, the participant should be better able to:
- Identify the rationale behind continuous respiratory monitoring with patients receiving opioids in the hospital setting.
- Discuss one new lesson learned or competency related to implementing continuous electronic monitoring for patients receiving opioid pain management.
- Describe the implementation process for at least two different alarm management projects that address minimizing alarm fatigue.
- Discuss lessons learned or new competencies related to infusion management processes intended to prevent medication errors.
Continuing Nursing Education
- The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
- This educational activity is approved for 10.5 contact hours provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine. Pharmacotherapy contact hours for Advance Practice Registered Nurses to be determined.
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 13485, for 10.5 contact hours.
Continuing Respiratory Therapy Education
- The American Association of Respiratory Care is providing 5.50 CRCE (patient safety-specific) with approval #149409000 for the sessions schedule for Nov. 18.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers, and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
Americans with Disabilities Act (required for live meetings only)
Event staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (ie, physical, dietary, etc). Please contact Marilyn Flack prior to the live event at (703) 647-2770.