Ready to Present?
|Should you see incorrect information in print or online, please reach out as soon as possible to have that information corrected. This information will be included in the printed program guide, mobile app, as well as on signage.|
Speakers are responsible for booking their hotel and related expenses. We encourage you to book within the AAMI room blocks as we have worked out special discounts rates with several Long Beach hotels. When you book in the AAMI block you also help us negotiate even better rates for future conferences. To receive the special conference rate, book your hotel no later than May 8.
Speakers are responsible for booking their own travel and related expenses to attend the conference.
In appreciation of your time and professional commitment in being an AAMI 2018 speaker, we will provide you with a complimentary registration for the full conference. When registering online, select the “Speaker Full Conference Registration $0.00” box. If you have already registered and need a refund, contact Fred Moxley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will be uploaded into the conference mobile app. Email your high-resolution (300 dpi or higher) to Fred Moxley at email@example.com by April 2.
Final PowerPoint presentations are due by May 4.
AAMI 2018 PowerPoint Template (4:3 Format): Speakers are encouraged to use the template. You are required to use the AAMI template for your title slide. Download the template HERE.
READY TO SUBMIT? Email your presentation to Fred Moxley at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a file is too large, please feel free to reach out for additional options. After receipt, your presentation will be converted to a pdf file and will be uploaded to the conference mobile app and AAMI University where attendees will be able to access this information.
All presentations will be subject to review. A presentation would only be sent back for edits should there be an apparent conflict of interest or sessions appear promotional of a product or service.
- Information for your AAMI 2018 PowerPoint Presentation: It is preferred that you use the provided slide template, but we understand that you may have a company/institutional template already prepared. For consistency, please use the conference title slide at minimum. If you prefer to use the AAMI template and require assistance transferring slides to a new template please feel free to reach out to me. Presentations will be posted in advance in our online library for registered attendees.
- Opening Slides should contain the following:
- Presentation Title - You are required to use the AAMI template for your title slide.
- Name, Title, Affiliation
- Learning objectives
- What to include that will help attendees/What to keep in mind
- Applicable charts, tables, or graphs
- Current reference to support the overall presentation. Utilization of the current literature to support the data/information being presented should be apparent throughout the presentation, i.e. reference should be included on the slides.
- Many sessions include several speakers. To ensure each speaker has adequate time to present their information, please limit your content. For example, if you are giving a 20-minute talk, your material should include no more than 36–40 slides.
- VIDEO CLIPS/AUDIO: If you plan to use video or audio, please notify us ahead of time and provide us with a copy so that we can test it on our laptops. We can run files that use Quicktime or Window Media Player software only. Also, please notify Fred Moxley at email@example.com so he can order an audio connection for the laptop in your session room.
- HANDOUTS: If you plan to use handouts, email a copy to Fred Moxley at firstname.lastname@example.org so it can be uploaded into the conference mobile app. If you have hard copies, you are responsible for printing and bringing them to your presentation. We recommend making 125 copies. A member of the AAMI staff will be there to assist you with handing them out.
- MOBILE APP: Coming Soon!
Please be sure you understand what is expected of you—the general scope/educational level of the session and the topic covered by you, the topics covered by the other speakers, the duration of your individual presentation, and the sequence of speakers. Please work with your fellow speakers to be sure everyone is on the same page.
- ALL speakers are REQUIRED to submit final presentation slides by the deadline May 4. All presentations are made available to attendees through AAMI University.
- Speakers are encouraged to think out of the box using creative ways to help ensure the participants have an understanding of the information presented that they can return home with and begin using. If presenting a problem, make sure you present a solution.
- Rehearse your presentation! Feel free to move around the stage to engage the audience.
- Although there is much information to cover and you are passionate about your presentation, please do not go beyond your allotted time.
- Be transparent. State any relevant disclosures before beginning your presentation. All recommendations for practice are evidence‐based. Presentations provide a balanced view options. Generic product names should always be used—this is an opportunity to educate, not sell.
- Go to the Marketing Toolkit.
- BADGE: When you arrive at the Long Beach Convention Center, please check-in at any registration desk to pick up your materials and pick out your ribbons. Express check-in will be available on Friday and in the lobby of the Convention Center on Saturday morning.
- ARRIVE AT SESSION: Please arrive at your breakout session no later than 15-minutes before your start time.
- PRESENTATION: Presentations will be pre-loaded in your session room (and the mobile app). You should also bring a copy of your final presentation with you on a flash drive in case of last-minute changes or technical difficulties (AAMI staff will have thumb-drives with your latest submitted version).
- AUDIO VISUAL: The following equipment is provided in each breakout room: PC laptop computer (see below), LCD projector, screen, wireless slide advancer, laser pointer, audio cord to play sound/video, (1) wireless lavaliere mic, (1) wireless handheld mic for Q&A.
- VIDEO CLIPS/AUDIO: If you plan to use video or audio, please provide us with a copy so that we can test it on our laptops. We can run files that use Quicktime or Window Media Player software only. Also, please notify Fred Moxley at email@example.com so he can order an audio connection for the laptop in your session room.
- COMPUTERS: the laptops available onsite will only support a windows platform. Mac users (if not using pc-compatible PowerPoint, or platforms like Prezzi) should bring their own laptop and any additional attachments required (i.e. dongle) to be connected to A/V.
- ROOM SET: Each room will be set-up with: lectern, head table set for 3-5 people, theater seating.
- ROOM MONITOR: Each room will have a room monitor to scan badges entering the room and to assist with any logistical questions.
- INTERNET: Information Coming Soon!
- RECORDINGS: We will contact those individual who sessions will be recorded.
- DRESS CODE: All AAMI 2018 events are business casual.
- FIRE CODES: In many cases, sessions show near seating capacity based on attendees’ agendas. A Fire Marshall will be onsite and might be checking rooms for any potential hazards to ensure the safety of all the attendees. Prior to starting your presentation, please ask any attendees standing to find a seat to avoid any fire code issues.
Fred Moxley, the Annual Conference & Meetings Manager, will be your main contact if should you have any questions about your session or the conference. He can be reached Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET.
Main AAMI Contact:
Fred Moxley, CMP
Annual Conference & Meetings Manager
Additional AAMI Contact:
Sherrie Schulte, CAE
Senior Director, Certification and Annual Conference