AAMI 2017 brings HTM students, new professionals, and leaders together to learn about the latest innovations and advances in healthcare technology. No matter where you are in your career—AAMI 2017 is for you!
If you're a full time student, your registration fee for the entire conference is just $50, which includes a one-year AAMI student membership!
There's a lot to pack into four days, so here are some highlights to help you plan your time in Austin.
- Are you looking for a job or getting ready to look for one in the near future? Need career advice? Wish you knew more about what it takes to succeed as an HTM professional? Stop by the Career Center in Room 3 right outside the Expo Hall. We are open on Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Monday 8 a.m. to noon.
- Meet representatives from various employers, including the HTTM, Sodexo, SPBS Inc., Stephens International Recruiting, The Intermed Group, UHS, University of California San Francisco, and the VA. Interview with your next employer, find out where the jobs are and what skills companies are looking for, and get some sound career advice.
- You can post your resume online and apply for jobs too.
- Tip: Bring multiple copies of your resume and dress to impress.
Don't miss our Student Orientation. We'll provide student attendees with exclusive interview advice, on-the-job tips, and salary negation FAQs. There’s also a complete lineup of professional development sessions geared toward students and new professionals that will provide practical advice and tips.
Saturday, June 10
- 9:15–10:15 am—CC, Room 17A
Practical Project Management for Biomedical Professionals
- 1:00–1:30 pm—CC, Expo Hall, Booth 945
Field Service Hacks: How to Gain 10 Years of Experience in Under a Year
Sunday, June 11
- 8:00–9:00 am—CC, Room 17B
How Can We Improve the Number and Quality of HTM College Graduates?
- 9:15–10:15—CC, Room 17A
Professional Development and Succession Planning: An Innovative Guide for HTM Workforce Development
- 1:00–1:30 pm—CC, Expo Hall Booth, 945
What Makes a Triple Threat Biomed?
- 3:30–5:00 pm—CC, Room 13AB
Educator's Roundtable—The Dream Employee: What Employers Are Looking for Today
Monday, June 12
- 11:45 am–12:15 pm—CC, Expo Hall, Booth 945
- With nearly 200 exhibitors, including many of the world's leading manufacturers and service providers, the Expo Hall is a is a great place to network and learn more about state-of-the-art healthcare technology.
- Get a firsthand look at new medical devices, visit the Interactive Systems Booth and experience interoperability in patient safety, or learn something new at the AAMI Spotlight "Express Sessions" held each day.
- Check out the list of exhibitors and the floorplan here. The Expo is open from noon to 5:30 pm Saturday and Sunday, and from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on Monday.
Don’t miss your chance to meet leaders in the healthcare technology industry and make connections with professionals in the HTM field! Come back to view the great opportunities to network at AAMI 2017.
- Next Generation Welcome Breakfast (students and young professionals)
7:30–8:30 am, Convention Center, AAMI Lounge
- AAMI Appreciation & 50th Anniversary Reception
6:00–7:00 pm, Maggie Mae's, 323 East 6th Street